iDrive for Uber App
for ALL rideshare drivers driving on ALL partner platforms!
The 'Must Have' FREE Business App
around the World
Uber, Lyft, Didi Chuxing, Ola, GoCatch, Shebah, SheSafe, Zero…
Make more money!
Take every tax deduction you can at tax time!
Which approach should you use to claim business deductions? If you’re not sure, talk to a tax professional to understand your options.
3 basic approaches to tax reporting
- Standard $ Mileage Rate x business mileage
- Vehicle Log Book
- Itemize actual expenses
Every tax approach requires records — to calculate the $ deductions and prove your claim to the tax authority if asked. iDrive makes it easy!
Use the iDrive app every time you drive a shift. Record:
- Total Shift Mileage — not just partner paid trip mileage
- Business Use % — just the deductible business mileage
- Create a Vehicle Log for tax reporting if you use this approach
- Record Business Expense details if you itemize expenses
iDrive for Uber is a 3-in-1 FREE app!
This app is developed by rideshare drivers. We use it every time we drive. We understand firsthand the driving and business management (recordkeeping! tax reporting!) challenges all rideshare drivers face. We get it, so we’ve created app features to solve common driver problems. Use as few or as many as you want, they’re all free, it’s your choice!
How should you put iDrive to work?
Use the app to meet your tax bookkeeping needs!
1. Fastest & Easiest Vehicle Log — iDrive Mileage Tracker features
- Turn on the app and hit GO! It runs in the background while you drive and records Total Shift Mileage. Save your records as CSV files. Calculate quarterly or annual business mileage, you’re ready to use the standard tax mileage rate* at tax time.
2. Simple Expense & Receipt Records — iDrive Expense Tracker features
- Record every fuel and business purchase — with a picture of the receipt. The Add NEW FUEL Purchase and Add NEW EXPENSE Receipt buttons are ready when you need them. The Fuel Log displays vehicle details. The Expense Log and receipt images are your tax record. With a start and end odometer reading and the Total Shift Mileage, the app calculates Business Use %.
3. Analysis & Reports for Serious Pro Drivers — all iDrive for Uber features
How’s your shift really going? Add fare information from your Partner app during your shift and you’ll know!
- Earning$ vs. Target$
- $/Hour Rate
- Shift time and estimated cost
- Driving Efficiency: Paid & Non Paid mileage
And There’s More
- Use a Target $ earnings goal as part of your driving strategy.
- Total Shift Mileage includes a map of the entire shift.
- Adding fare information creates a shift work log and tracks the Business Use % of your car.
- View your Cash Flow, the hard dollars in and out of your business, and an estimated Profitability statement—the income you’ll pay taxes on.
- Review shifts by the Day of Week for profitability insights.
- Use the app’s built-in tool to check and share Local Fuel Prices.
- Pre-sets store directions to Important Locations you rarely drive to.
- Send off a Quick Message as a phone call, text or email.
- Start Emergency Video Recording—using your phone’s camera system.
Take advantage of all features.
Real-time fully automatic GPS tracking is on, even when the app’s running in the background.
- Starting a shift? Turn on the iDrive for Uber app and hit GO! Then start your ride share Partner app(s). You’re ready!
The app captures total business mileage—the key to maximizing profitability and tax deductions.
- Buying fuel? Fill up your tank.
Select current odometer, add cost and fuel units, take a picture of your receipt.
- Add fare earnings and distance from your partner app between fares—be safe—enter them when you’re not actively driving.
Add fare dollars and distance. Select fare details to see fares by type.
- Ending your shift? Tap Stop Driving. That’s it!
That’s it! Routinely send your records to your cloud or email account.
iDrive for Uber
*We’ve created a great tool to help with your bookkeeping but we’re in the software business, we can’t give you tax advice. Every country’s tax laws are different. Every driver’s tax situation is different. See your accountant to discuss your specific business needs. If you use iDrive diligently, your reports should provide the bookkeeping records required for most business accounting and tax reporting situations.