1. Types of Data We Collect
This application uses your local intranet or Internet to communicate with the NextWave ScrumMaster™ application, if available and if you choose to connect with it. This application can also be used as a standalone device to display your vote during a team Sprint Planning meeting. You can turn off Internet permissions at any time. If your Scrum Master is using the NextWave ScrumMaster application, it displays your individual vote on the Scrum Masters screen, for team discussion. Your vote is not stored. Only the team’s collective agreed upon story point value for each task is collected and stored for project use. There is no personal information being transmitted or stored during a connected session with your ScrumMaster. Only the IP address and the value of your vote are transmitted. This application does not collect Personal Data directly. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you use the NextWave Mobile Apps Website or Service and/or when you send us information or communications. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including your name, age, gender, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons.
1.1 Data You Provide to Us.
We receive and store any information you enter through the NextWave Mobile Apps Website, or otherwise provide to us. We collect Personal Data from you, such as your user name, password, first and last name, and e-mail address, when you create an Account. If you choose to create an Account by importing your account information from a Third Party Account, we collect that account information, such as user ID, name, email, gender, birthday, city of residence, profile picture URL, and the user IDs of your friends on that Third Party Account. We collect any Personal Data that is contained in your User Content, such as annotations and notes. If you contact us via e-mail, we may collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail or that you submit to us.
1.2 Data Collected Through Technology.
2. Public Areas
We display your user name and public profile information (collectively, your “Public Profile”) when you post Public Content or use forums, comments, blogs, or other community features of the Service (collectively, “Public Areas”). Your Public Profile is available on the Service to other registered users. If you associate your name with your Public Profile, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your activities on our Service. If you use Public Areas, post Public Content, or send emails or other messages to other users of our Service, you should be aware that any Personal Data you provide can be read, collected or used by other users of the Service and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to submit in the Public Areas or send to other users.
3. Use of Your Data
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used to provide you with a customized experience, to aid us in serving you better, and to respond to your requests. We use your Personal Data to:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network
- identify you as a user in our system
- provide you the NextWave Mobile Apps Service
- improve our products and services
- perform market research for our internal purposes
- analyze request and usage patterns, diagnose problems with our server and administer our Service
- improve the quality of experience and provide you a personalized experience when you use the Service
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories (and the e-mails we send may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mail, such as whether the e-mail was opened and/or what links (if any) were clicked) respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests and send you e-mail messages or postal mail informing you of our products and services and third party products and services we believe may be of interest to you, such as new features and services, special offers, and updated information, and for other marketing purposes for us or other companies.
4. Disclosure of Your Data
Except as described below, we do not share your Personal Data with third parties:
- We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers under contract to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail or e-mail, storing data, analyzing data, performing quality assurance, providing billing and payment services, providing technical support, providing marketing assistance, verifying identity, and providing customer service. These third parties may have access to your Personal Data only as needed to perform their functions.
5. Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Data.
You agree that we may use and share with third parties Anonymous Data for any purpose and in any manner. Anonymous Data includes non-personally identifiable data we create from Personal Data by excluding information that makes such data personally identifiable.
6. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
6.1 Your Control of the Use of Your Personal Data.
6.2 Changes to Personal Data.
You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile through the Service or by sending us e-mail or postal mail at the address below. You may request deletion of your Account and your associated Personal Data by sending us e-mail or postal mail at the address below, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
We have commercially reasonable security measures in place to help protect against loss, misuse and alteration of your Personal Data in our possession. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while NextWave Mobile Apps uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, NextWave Mobile Apps cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Contacting NextWave Mobile Apps.